Items are ready to ship and usually ship within 2 business days after the purchase was made.
Canada customers: A delay of 5 to 12 business days should be expected for the item delivery (although it usually takes less than 12 days).
US and international customers: A delay of 5 to 20 business days for the item delivery should be expected (although it usually takes less than 20 days).
Please note that the delay may vary depending on different factors such as location, holidays, customs etc.
All items are usually shipped via Canada Post. Most Items will ship out in less than 3 business days, after payment has been received and the address has been verified. If the purchase has been made during the weekend, the item will be shipped the next Monday, or the next business day in case of a holiday. We will e-mail you to let you know when your order has shipped. Every item is carefully packed before shipping. Please make sure you provide the right shipping address during the check out since this is where your item will be shipped.
We cannot be held responsible for any international customs duties, taxes, VAT, GST, brokerage fees, or tariffs levied that may be charged after the initial postage.
Please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order in case of a refund or an exchange. You can return the item without telling us any reason. The returned items must be in their original condition, with no sign of wear and the return shipping charges are at the cost of the customer, except we send the wrong item. Your purchase will be refunded (minus shipping fees and if applicable, minus damage repairing costs) or exchanged once we receive the returned item.
If a package is lost or damaged in transit please contact us after 12 business days if you’re in Canada or 20 business days if you’re from anywhere else in the world and we will replace the item with a similar one (as no two items are the same) and ship it as soon as possible.
Payments are expected upon check out. If the payment has not been received within 3 business days, the order will be cancelled and the item put back on sale.
Please let us know if you are having difficulties making your payment and we’ll be glad to help you.
Please note that GST + QST is included in our prices, when applicable.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase or the service provided, please contact us before leaving feedback. We will do our best to make sure you are satisfied. Thanks!
We cannot be held responsible for any kind of injuries or damage that is related to our products. The legal basis is Canadian law.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you provided me with), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) Providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Woocommerce. I share information with woocommerce as necessary to provide you my services.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US, Canada and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Leonie Vatter, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at leonie [!at]mapleandoakdesigns.com.